The Payments section of your account allows you to view, manage, and withdraw funds for completed bookings. Payments for Rover bookings will be available for withdrawal 2 days after you successfully complete a service.
Tip payments: If your client included a tip after you already received payment for the booking, then the money will be added to your account within 24 hours from when your client left a tip. Learn more about tipping here.
Add a payment method
In order to receive payments on Rover, you’ll need to provide two pieces of information through our payment processor, Stripe:
- Your social security number
- Your bank account information
To add this information to your account, follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to the profile management page of your account.
- Under Manage Your Business, select Receive payments.
- You’ll be redirected to our third-party payment processor, Stripe, to enter your bank account information and other tax-required information.
- From the menu, tap More, then Payments.
- Tap Manage Payout Methods.
- Select Update Payment Details. Enter your social security number.
- Select Add a bank account.
- Enter bank info, then select Submit.
|Note: If you signed up for direct payments, you don’t need to withdraw money since it will be automatically deposited into your account. We plan to make this option available to everyone soon. In the meantime, if you receive payments via PayPal or check, follow the steps below.|
You'll see funds available for withdrawal in the Rover Balance section of your account.
- Payments redeemed via PayPal are released within 1-4 days, with no fees.
- Checks take up to 5 business days to process, up to 20 days to arrive, and incur a $5 fee.
Here's how to withdraw money:
- Tap the menu or More icon in the Rover app.
- Tap Payments.
- Tap Withdraw Money.
- Choose your payment method: PayPal or check.
- Once you’ve chosen your payment method and filled out the form, tap Submit.
- Tap Request Payment.
1. Sign in to your Rover account and select your name at the top of the page, then select Dashboard from the dropdown menu.
2. Select Withdraw Money under the Rover Balance section of your account.
3. Review the payment method information to verify that your payment information is accurate, then select Withdraw via PayPal or Check.
Important: Rover will deposit the funds to your listed PayPal account, but you need to visit your PayPal account and manually withdraw those funds to receive payment.
If you're still unable to receive PayPal payments, please make sure you've done the following:
- Fully verified your email address with PayPal directly
- Checked which email address is on file with your account
- Connected a bank account or credit card to your PayPal account
- Contacted PayPal directly
View payment history
- To view your payment history from the Rover app, tap More > Payments. Scroll to the bottom to view your payment history.
- To view this information from a computer, select View Payments & Promo Codes under Rover Balance.