Photos play an important role in creating a successful sitter profile and attracting potential clients on Rover. In this article, we'll talk about how to manage profile photos, gallery photos, and stay photos.
Add a Profile Photo
Your profile photo will appear next to your name in search and in Rover Messages when you're communicating with a client. We recommend adding a clear, well-lit photo of your face.
- To add a profile photo, click here.
- Select Upload Your Photo. Choose a photo from your device that's about 400x400 pixels.
- Crop your photo as needed. Select Add.
- Scroll down and select Save & Continue. You’re all set!
For tips on how to take great photos, check out this tutorial.
Add or Edit Gallery Photos
Gallery photos give your clients a sense of who you are and how you’ll care for their pet. Use this section of your sitter profile to include photos of you walking dogs or providing care to pets.
To add gallery photos:
1. Click here to get to the Gallery Photos section of your account.
2. Drag an image into the image uploader, or manually upload an image from your computer. You can add as many photos as you like, but we recommend uploading at least 4 images.
3. When finished, select Save & Continue.
Rearrange Gallery Photos
The image in the first position within your gallery photos will be the largest one displayed on your sitter profile. You can rearrange the order of these photos at any time by selecting an image within the gallery and dragging it to the desired position. Make sure you save your changes.
Edit Photo Captions
You can also add context to your gallery photos by adding captions. Keep captions short, positive, and friendly to make a good impression on potential clients. To do this:
1. Hover over an image and select the pencil icon when it appears.
2. A pop-up window will display your photo and a spot to type in a caption. Write your caption and select Save Caption.
To completely remove an image from your gallery, hover over the image and select the trash icon. Confirm your changes by selecting Yes.
Hide Stay Photos
Your sitter profile will automatically show photos you’ve sent to clients on past stays or walks. This is a great way to show potential clients the range of dogs you care for. If you or your client don't want these images displayed on your profile, you can hide them.
Hide All Stay Photos
1. Navigate to your settings by selecting your name and then Settings.
2. Select the Sitter tab.
3. Next to Hide Photos, toggle the circle white or green to edit this setting. Green means you’d like to keep stay photos hidden; white means you’d like stay photos to be publicly visible on your profile.
4. Select Save Settings.
Hide Photos for a Specific Stay
If you want to hide specific photos from a stay, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to your inbox by selecting the envelope icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
2. Select the conversation you sent the photo to.
3. Select Stay Summary.
4. Select the dog’s name on the right side of the page.
5. Locate the photo you’d like to hide, and then select Hide Photo at the bottom of the image.