We work hard to make sure pet parents are able to find sitters and dog walkers suited for their dog’s needs. So, there are a number of factors that could impact your search rank. Here are a few things you can do to help you show up at the top:
- Book as many requests as you can. Do your best to accept most booking requests that you get, especially early on. Of course, always schedule a Meet & Greet with a new client, and never take a dog you’re not comfortable with.
- Keep your calendar updated. Leaving town? No problem! Just make sure to update your calendar. Download our app so you can update your calendar when you’re on the go. If you offer multiple services, make sure to update your availability for each one.
- Create a great profile. Get testimonials and reviews from pet parents you’ve worked with, upload high-quality photos of yourself and your home, set a competitive price, and describe your services accurately.
- Respond quickly and with enthusiasm. Ideally, you would respond to all requests within minutes, even if you can’t accept them. If you don’t respond to multiple booking requests for the same dates, we’ll assume you’re not available for those dates and will stop featuring you in search. To keep receiving requests, be sure to archive your conversations.
- Deliver great service and earn loyal clients. If repeat clients are coming back to you again and again, that tells Rover you’re doing a great job. Prepare for every service by doing your homework and communicating often with your clients—don’t forget those adorable photo updates!
- If a pet parent offers to book or pay you outside of Rover, just say, “No thanks.” Explain to the pet parent the benefits of booking through Rover, including the Rover Guarantee and 24/7 emergency support, and that it's required in Rover's Terms of Service.
Check out this Sitter Resources articles for more info on how search works.