We understand that sometimes plans change, even after you’ve started a conversation. That’s why we’ve made it easy to edit booking dates and the number of walks or drop-ins per day before and after you book!
1. Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the envelope icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
2. Under the Pending Requests tab select the correct conversation.
3. Locate the gray request details box on the left side of the page.
- To edit the booking dates, select Edit next to the dates and choose a new date range. If you’re needing to remove dates, deselect any undesired dates.
- To edit the number of walks or drop-ins per day, select Edit next to walks per day or drop-ins per day and adjust the number as needed.
Note: The number of walks or drop-ins per day will update for all days in the booking. Need to only update the number of walks/drop-ins for part of your visit? Check out the FAQ to learn how.
4. Select Save. The price will automatically adjust to reflect any changes.
5. Select Book It Now. You're all set!
Don’t worry—it’s not too late to update a day care, walk or drop-in service after booking! First things first: message your sitter to confirm they’re OK with the change. Your sitter will be able to modify the booking as requested. Then, you’ll just need to confirm the modification for the booking to be finalized; learn more here.
How can I edit the number of walks/drop-ins for just part of my booking?
Let’s say you’ve booked 1 walk a day for a week, but on Sunday and Monday you need 2 walks instead of 1. No problem. Now, after a stay is booked, your sitter can update the number of walks/drop-ins for a specific date(s). After your sitter modifies the request, you’ll just need to confirm the modification for the booking to be finalized; learn more here.
Since it’s not possible to make these sorts of updates for pending requests, if you’re service hasn’t been booked yet, we recommend discussing your desired updates with your sitter, then booking the service. Next, your sitter can update the booking, and you can finalize the booking as mentioned above.
Rover Tip: Since payment is collected at the time of booking, we recommend booking any long term day care, drop-ins and dog walking requests in one to two week increments.