So you’ve found the perfect sitter or dog walker, contacted them, and had a Meet & Greet—sounds like you’re ready to book. To book a service, simply:
1. Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the envelope icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
2. Locate the conversation with the sitter you want to book with under pending requests.
Note: You can select the Book Now button from this view, or you can open the conversation to review the details before booking.
3. Navigate to the gray box on the left to review the service details. Select Book It Now, or if your sitter has already accepted the request on their end, select Accept Request.
4. Once the sitter accepts your request, the service has been booked.
- Booking and paying through Rover is required per our Terms of Service.
- Never pay your sitter or dog walker by cash or check—this can expose you to fraud and makes your bookings ineligible for premium insurance and 24/7 support.
Your card will be debited for the entire stay at the time of booking. Your sitter or dog walker will be paid two days after the service has ended. For more info about how payments work, check out the Payments section.