On Rover, a phone number can only be used on one account. If you’re trying to add a phone number to your account and are receiving the error message, “This phone number is already registered,” chances are you may already have an account with Rover, or previously had an account with DogVacay.
To proceed with using Rover, we recommend trying to access your original Rover account and continuing to use that account. Here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Go to www.rover.com and sign out of your current account by selecting your name in the upper right corner of your screen, then Log out.
- Go to www.rover.com and try signing into your original Rover account by selecting Sign In in the upper right corner of your screen and typing in an alternate email address that you may have created your original account under.
If you just recall having a DogVacay account, you can still access that account on Rover instead of creating a new Rover account! Here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Follow steps 1 and 2 listed above.
- If you’re able to log in successfully, go to https://www.rover.com/joining-forces/.
- Then, you’ll be prompted to either merge or activate your account.
That’s it! Now, you’ll be able to continue using your DogVacay account on Rover.
Still having trouble?
If you’re still hitting a roadblock or the above suggestions don’t fit your situation, please contact Rover Support. So that we can best assist you, in your message, be sure to include:
- The email address of the account that you’re trying to add your phone number to.
- The phone number that you’re trying to add to your account.