When you accept a Rover Now request, it's important to maintain active communication with your client early on. This builds trust and creates a personalized experience for your client on Rover.
The best way to communicate with your client is via Rover Messages from the app. Here's how:
1. Tap Inbox at the bottom of the app, then select the Upcoming tab at the top.
2. Locate and select your client's booking. This will redirect you to a conversation thread where you can send them a message.
Note: You also have the option to call the owner, cancel the booking, start the Rover Card, and view all of the booking details from the conversation thread.
Here are some other ways to proactively communicate with your client:
- Clients love it when you contact them to confirm you’re their assigned pet care provider. The moment you accept their request, introduce yourself and invite them to ask any questions they may have about the booking.
- Thoroughly review the booking details, home entry instructions, and listed behaviors/triggers for your client's pet(s). If the written instructions aren't clear, don't hesitate to ask your client for more information.
- Whether you booked an ASAP walk or a drop-in at a later date, always send them a message on the day of the booking when you’re on the way to their home. It's also a good idea to let them know once you successfully arrive at their home.
- Rover Cards also play an important role in keeping your client up to date on a walk or drop-in booking. For more information about Rover Cards, check out this article.