A recurring service repeats automatically every week. With this feature, bookings take place on the same day of the week and they'll repeat on an ongoing basis. You can discontinue recurring bookings at any time.
This feature is available for dog walking, day care, and drop-in visits.
How to create a recurring booking
1. To initiate a recurring booking, create a new request with a sitter or dog walker.
2. Select Repeat weekly and specify which days you need service.
Billing for recurring bookings
With a recurring service, you're billed every Monday for the upcoming week of service. Sitters must generate Rover Cards in order to receive payment for the service. This is how Rover can see if a service was completed or not.
If you'd like to request additional services that weren't scheduled (like extra walks, drop-ins, or daycare), contact your sitter directly via Rover Messages. From there, they can create an additional Rover Card to bill you for the extra services.
How to cancel a recurring service
A recurring service has a same-day cancellation policy. This means that you'll receive a full refund any time services weren't provided by the sitter or if you need to cancel.
You can end a recurring service right from your Rover account. Keep in mind that the current week's booking will remain scheduled, but no new bookings will generate going forward.
Here’s how to cancel:
- Locate the booking and tap the three-dotted icon.
- Tap Modify booking, then Cancel booking.
- Select a cancellation reason from the dropdown menu.
- Confirm your changes by tapping Cancel booking.
- Navigate to the Stay Details section of the booking from your inbox and select Cancel Booking.
- Select a cancellation reason and confirm your changes.
You and your pet care provider will receive a message confirming the cancellation. You'll no longer see new recurring bookings on your account beyond the one scheduled for the current week.