Note: We’re currently testing a new signup experience for a small group of providers. If you're seeing a different layout from the one outlined below, then visit this article instead.
Welcome, pet lover!
Interested in becoming a pet sitter or dog walker? Sign up today! You can go at your own pace and fill out the different sections of your provider account in any order.
Here's how to get started:
- Go to Rover.com and select Become a sitter, then scroll down the page to select Get Started.
- Choose one or more services you'd like to provide, then select Save & Continue.
- Complete each of the following sections:
|Service Setup||You can select one or multiple services you'd like to offer, but only one service needs to be completely filled out to qualify for profile approval.|
|Create Your Profile||
This is the section where pet owners have a chance to learn more about you and your experience. Create a great first impression by saying a few words about yourself, adding some fun photos of you with a canine companion, and filling out your contact information.
|Request References||Reach out to past clients who can talk about their positive experiences with you as a pet care provider. References are great way to build trust with future clients.|
|Pass a Safety Quiz||Rover requires all pet sitters and dog walkers to complete our safety quiz. Watch educational videos as you go, and respond to the safety questions.|
|Complete a Background Check||Give pet parents peace of mind by submitting a background check from your Rover account.|
4. Each completed section will have a checkmark next to it so you can easily track your progress. Once you finish all of the required sections, we'll automatically submit your profile to the Rover Sitter Team for review.
If you change and don't want to use Rover as a sitter, simply select I no longer want to provide Rover services at the bottom of the page.
- Keep an eye on your email—our profile experts may ask you to modify a few things to make your profile the best it can be.
- You'll typically hear from us within five business days and we’ll notify you via email if your profile is approved.
- Once your profile is approved and you pass the background check, your services will be visible in the Rover marketplace and pet owners will be able to contact you.
In the meantime, check out our Sitter Resources Center for tips on how to make the most of your business on Rover.