Rover Now is an on-demand service that quickly connects you with new clients. Instead of waiting for an owner to come to you, you can go to them!
Rover Now is currently available in the following North American cities:
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- San Francisco, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Austin, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Denver, CO
- Chicago, IL
- Nashville, TN
- Atlanta, GA
- New York, NY
- Washington D.C.
- Boston, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Toronto, ON
- Vancouver, B.C.
Which on-demand services are available with Rover Now?
There are four types of services on Rover Now:
- ASAP walks: Owners request these walks when they are looking for a walker right away. You’re expected to arrive within 30 minutes of booking a walk. Make sure you preview your route to the client’s neighborhood before booking to ensure that you can arrive on time for the walk.
- Scheduled walks: Owners can request walks for future dates. The dates will appear within the owner’s request, which also outlines the expected arrival time.
- Recurring walks: Recurring walks can be requested for specific days of the week, and they’ll repeat indefinitely until either the owner or walker cancels future walks. This is a great option if you prefer to have a consistent weekly schedule.
- Drop-in services: Owners request this service when they need a pet care provider to stop by their home for 30 minutes to feed and play with their pet.
What are the service fees for Rover Now?
Earnings for Rover Now bookings vary by location. Rover retains a portion of the amount charged to owners as part of a service fee, which helps us provide ongoing education and support for Rover Now. This includes:
- Getting you matched with requests instantly. Rover supplies all on-demand walk requests in your city directly to you, giving you the freedom to book as many walks as you like without having to market yourself to prospective clients.
- Making safety a priority with our walker certification process. This includes a collection of valuable educational resources, an enhanced background check, and in-depth harness testing.
- Providing exclusive support to Rover Now walkers and owners via email and text message.
- Testing new and exciting features. As a newer service, we're always looking for ways to support our walkers and pet owners.
Where can I view and accept requests?
If Rover Now is offered in your city, you'll need to download the Rover app to view and accept requests.
Once you become a Rover Now pet care provider, you’ll start to see available requests appear in the Requests tab of the Rover app. Each request will display the neighborhood, the distance from your address, and the type of booking. These requests are first come, first serve, so you can choose the ones that work with your schedule and location.
If a request isn’t a good fit—maybe it’s too far away or doesn’t align with your availability—then no action is needed. You’ll never be penalized for not accepting Rover Now requests.
To learn more about how to view and accept requests, check out this article.