Once you become a Rover Now certified walker, you’ll start to see available walks appear in the Requests tab of the Rover app. Each request will display the neighborhood, the distance from your address, and the type of walk. These walks are first come, first serve, so you can choose requests that work with your schedule and location.
If a request isn’t a good fit—maybe it’s too far away or doesn’t align with your availability—then no action is needed. You’ll never be penalized for not accepting unbooked, on-demand walks.
To learn more about how to view and accept requests, check out this article.
What are the different types of Rover Now walks?
There are three types of Rover Now walks: ASAP, scheduled, and recurring.
Owners request these walks when they are looking for a walker right away. You’re expected to arrive within 30 minutes of booking a walk. Make sure you preview your route to the client’s neighborhood before booking to ensure that you can arrive on time for the walk.
Owners can request walks for future dates. The dates will appear within the owner’s request, which also outlines the expected arrival time.
Recurring walks can be requested for specific days of the week, and they’ll repeat indefinitely until either the owner or walker cancels future walks. This is a great option if you prefer to have a consistent weekly schedule.
The Rover app will display recurring bookings two weeks at a time. Once the date passes for those recurring walks, the next two weeks will appear in the app.
What are the service fees for Rover Now?
Rover Now walkers keep 60% of their earnings for every booking. The remaining 40% is Rover’s service fee, which helps us provide ongoing education and support for Rover Now. This includes:
- Getting you matched with requests instantly. Rover supplies all on-demand walk requests in your city directly to you, giving you the freedom to book as many walks as you like without having to market yourself to prospective clients.
- Making safety a priority with our walker certification process. This includes a collection of valuable educational resources, an enhanced background check, and in-depth harness testing.
- Providing exclusive support to Rover Now walkers and owners via email and text message.
- Testing new and exciting features. As a newer service, we're always looking for ways to support our walkers and pet owners.