|Note: Currently, these features are only available to Rover Now walkers based in Chicago. We hope to make them available to more walkers over time, and we'll be sure to communicate any updates as they happen!|
The Rover app allows you to manage your availability and location at the beginning of each day, making it easier for you to receive more requests you can accept. In this article, we’ll walk you through how to set your availability and add a new location based on areas where you want to receive requests for the day.
Set Your Availability for the Day
When you open the Requests tab at the beginning of your day, you’ll see a notification with the question Are you walking today? If you tap No, then you won’t receive notifications from the Requests tab.
If you select Yes, you’ll continue to receive notifications for requests.
- Change your walking status at any time throughout the day by tapping Requests and then selecting the gear icon next to your listed availability.
- Choose the option under Today’s walking status to modify your availability for the day.
Note: Your availability resets every day, so any status you choose for today won’t affect your availability for tomorrow.
Add a Location
In addition to your default home address, you have the option to add more addresses to your walker settings. This gives you the flexibility to view and accept requests in the area based on your location for the day.
- To add a location, tap the Requests tab, then select the gear icon next to your listed availability.
- From the Rover Now Walker Settings, select Add new address.
- Search or manually enter an address based on your location.