Rover Now is Rover’s newest dog walking and drop-in service that quickly connects owners with available dog walkers. Request a last-minute walk or drop-in within the hour—or schedule a service for a future date—and we’ll notify certified Rover Now sitters and walkers in your area who can review and accept your request if they’re a good fit.
Rover Now is currently available in zip codes throughout the following cities:
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- San Francisco, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Austin, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Denver, CO
- Chicago, IL
- Nashville, TN
- Atlanta, GA
- New York, NY
- Washington D.C.
- Boston, MA
How is Rover Now different from Rover’s other services?
Rover Now automatically notifies available pet care providers for you. This way, you don't have to manually search, filter, and contact walkers or sitters to see if they're available. Each Rover Now booking is exclusively for your pet—no other pets will be joining your pet care provider during the booking.
You also have booking flexibility in the following ways:
- Request walks or drop-ins. If you request a walk, the pet care provider will spend the entire duration of the booking walking your dog. If you request a drop-in, you outline your expectations for care in the Additional Notes section of your request. For example, the pet care provider may walk the dog or just play with them inside. Drop-ins are great for cats or dogs who may need more 1:1 care at home.
- Get a pet care provider within an hour, or schedule one for later. Select the Now option, and you’ll get a dog walker within an hour of your request. Select Later, and your pet will receive care for a later time or future date of your choosing.
- Request 30-minute, or 60-minute bookings. Pricing for Rover Now walks can be found in the initial steps of requesting a walk, and will vary based on the number of pets you have.
How long does it take to be matched with a pet care provider?
The length of time it takes for your walk to be booked depends on the number of available walkers and sitters in your area and the time you’re requesting the service.
If you selected the Now option, we will do everything within our power to connect you with a pet care provider within the first 30 minutes of you submitting your request.
What does the certification process look like for Rover Now walkers?
Only a small percentage of people interested in becoming Rover Now walkers become certified. The Rover Now certification process requires prospective walkers to complete the following:
- Pass an enhanced background check.
- Take and pass an online lesson put together by Rover to ensure they have the tools to safely care for your dog during a walk.
- Demonstrate their knowledge on how to accurately use a variety of harnesses and collars.