Rover Now is Rover’s newest dog walking service that quickly connects owners with available dog walkers. Request a last-minute walk within the hour—or schedule a walk for a future date—and we’ll notify certified Rover Now dog walkers in your area who can review and accept your request if they’re a good fit.
Rover Now is currently available in zip codes throughout the following cities:
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- San Francisco, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Austin, TX
- Denver, CO
- Chicago, IL
- New York, NY
- Washington D.C.
- Boston, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Toronto, ON
- Vancouver, B.C.
How is Rover Now different from Rover’s regular dog walking service?
Rover Now automatically notifies available dog walkers for you. This allows you to easily request a walk without having to search, filter, and message walkers to see if they’re available for the dates you requested. Instead, our system will automatically contact Rover walkers in your area who are available during the requested time, and if they’re a good fit, they can accept and book the walk. Each Rover Now walk is exclusively for your dog, so no other dogs will be joining your walker during the booking.
You also have booking flexibility in the following ways:
- Get a dog walker now, or schedule one for later. Select the “Walk Now” option, and you’ll get a dog walker within an hour of your request. Select “Walk Later” and you’ll get a walk for a later time or future date of your choosing.
- Request 30-minute walks, or 60-minute walks. Pricing for Rover Now walks can be found in the initial steps of requesting a walk, and will vary based on the number of dogs you have.
How long does it take to be matched with a walker?
The length of time it takes for your walk to be booked depends on:
- the number of available walkers in your area; and
- the time you’re requesting the walk.
If you selected the Walk Now option, we exhaust all efforts to find you a walker within the first 30 minutes after you submitted your request.
What does the certification process look like for Rover Now walkers?
Only a small percentage of people interested in becoming Rover Now walkers become certified. The Rover Now certification process requires prospective walkers to complete the following:
- Pass an enhanced background check.
- Take and pass an online lesson put together by Rover to ensure they have the tools to safely care for your dog during a walk.
- Demonstrate their knowledge on how to accurately use a variety of harnesses and collars.