Keeping your phone’s operating system up to date helps ensure you have a seamless Rover app experience. Before running an update, we recommend connecting to wi-fi, plugging your device into power and backing up your device.
Follow the instructions below to upgrade your phone’s system so that you can continue to enjoy all the perks of the Rover app.
You can follow these steps from Apple's support center to update your iPhone's operating system:
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS will reinstall apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel, learn what to do next.
- To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your iOS device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
- If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.
How you update your Android phone’s operating system will vary slightly, depending on what type of Android phone you have. Below, we’ve included update instructions for some of the most popular Android phones.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap either Software updates or About Device, then Software updates. (This will vary depending on what Samsung device you have.)
- Tap Software update then Auto update or Download updates manually. (These options will vary depending on your phone’s current operating system.)
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About phone.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Download Now.
- Tap Install Now.