Yes, roommates can have separate accounts!
If you and a roommate have separate accounts, we ask that you both do the following:
- Mention the other sitter in your profile description.
Example: "My roommate, Sarah S., is also a Rover sitter, so there may be other pets in our home while I’m watching your pet(s). If this happens, I’ll absolutely notify you before our booking begins."
- Tell all clients about the other Rover sitter in your home before care begins. (When care is being provided in your home.)
- Do your best to arrange Meet & Greets between the pets you and your roommate are caring for if there’s overlap in their bookings. This helps ensure safe, stress-free bookings for everyone.
It’s also possible for you and your roommate to share an account. Check out this article for more information on how account sharing works for sitter.
While you and your roommate are welcome to have separate accounts, you can also add a roommate to your account if you’d prefer to share an account instead. Check out this article for more information on how account sharing works for owners.
- An individual may not create more than one Rover account for themselves.
- All Rover.com promotional deals and discounts are limited to one per household.
- Referral credits cannot be awarded for referring yourself, members of your household, or other people who intend to make a booking for your pet(s).