Sitters and walkers manage their own rates on Rover, and the total cost of a booking will vary depending on the service, the sitter's rates, and your own booking needs.
To learn more about the different services offered on Rover, check out this article.
Each service has a standard daily rate. This is the base price of a service. Depending on your booking needs, sitters may charge additional rates which will be added to the cost of the booking.
To learn more about each of these additional rates, click on an individual rate from the list below.
Viewing additional rates
Since additional rates can change the total price of a service, it’s a good idea to review your sitter’s rates before you book. To view standard rates and additional rates:
- Navigate to the sitter’s profile from your inbox. Under their profile photo, you’ll see a breakdown of standard rates for each service.
- Below the list of services, select the Additional Services & Rates icon to see a detailed list of their rates.
Note: Additional rates may vary for each service. Make sure you review additional rates for each service a sitter offers.
Holidays are a busy time for both pet parents and pet care providers. For this reason, sitter rates may be slightly higher during some in-demand times of the year.
Here are the U.S. holiday dates for 2019:
- Martin Luther King Day: January 18 - January 21
- President's Day: February 15 - February 18
- Memorial Day: May 24 - May 27
- 4th of July: July 3 - July 7
- Labor Day: August 30 - September 2
- Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples' Day: October 11 - October 15
- Thanksgiving: November 27 - November 30
- Christmas and New Year's: December 20 - January 1
Note: If part of your booking dates overlap with a holiday, the sitter's holiday rate will still apply to the entire booking—even if some of the dates within the booking are slightly outside of the holiday ranges listed above.
For example, if you booked a housesitting request from July 4 to July 11, the holiday rate would apply to all dates for that entire booking.
Additional dog rate
If you have more than 1 dog who needs care, then sitters may charge an Additional Dog Rate.
Extended stay rate
Sitters may apply this rate if you need to extend the stay outside of the confirmed booking dates.
Puppies often require a different level of care than older dogs. If your dog is less than one year old, then some sitters may charge an additional rate for watching or walking your puppy.
Pick-up and drop-off rate
Some sitters may offer to pick up and drop off your pet at the beginning and end of a stay. If you'd like to include this option in your booking, sitters may charge a small fee to accommodate your request.