Sometimes plans change and you may want to add a few extra days to a service. No problem—if your sitter agrees, you can absolutely make this happen.
How to add days to the beginning of the booking
The best way to add dates to the beginning of a booking is to create a new, separate booking for just the dates that need to be added. Check out this article about how to rebook a sitter to learn how to initiate a new request. Note: The option to rebook a sitter will still be available, even if the sitter you’ve booked with hasn’t cared for your pet yet.
How to add days to the end of the booking
1. Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the envelope icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
2. Navigate to the Upcoming Stays tab and select the correct request.
3. Once you’ve opened the request, locate the gray box containing the stay details. Select Extend this stay.
4. A pop-up window will appear. Select ONLY the days you want to add to the booking and include a message for your sitter. Select Extend stay request.
5. If everything looks correct, select Book It Now to submit payment and send a new request for the additional day(s) to your sitter.
6. You’ll be notified via email once your sitter accepts the updated request.
As always, be sure to book extra days through Rover—that way, the entire stay will be covered by the Rover Guarantee and 24/7 support.