Finding the perfect pet sitter or dog walker near you is easy with Rover. For steps on how to search for relevant sitters in your area and general tips, follow the instructions below:
- Tap Services at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the service you’d like to book, then enter details about your booking.
- Tap Next.
- To adjust your filters, select the filter icon at the top right corner of the screen. Choose your location, the stay dates, which pets you’d like to book, your price range, home type, and more.
- A list of nearby sitters will appear for you to browse. To see a map view instead, tap the map icon.
- Click on a sitter's profile to learn more about them. Contact them directly to send a booking request.
1. Go to Rover.com and select the Search Sitters button.
2. Enter your zip code, postal code, or address at the top of the page. Select the magnifying glass icon.
3. Browse sitters and dog walkers in your area. You can narrow your search by selecting a service you’re interested in, the dates you’re looking to book, your price range, and more.
4. To get even more specific about what you’re looking for, apply filters.
5. Scroll down and select a sitter profile that seems like a good match to learn more about them. If you'd like to start a conversation with them, select the Contact button next to their profile.
Once you contact a sitter or dog walker, make sure you arrange a Meet & Greet. This allows you to get to know them in person and make sure they’re the right fit for you and your dog. Take a look at our Meet & Greet Checklist for Dog Owners.
After a successful Meet & Greet, either you or the sitter can select Book It Now from your conversation on Rover. Once both you and the sitter or dog walker have accepted, the service is booked.
- We recommend contacting two to three sitters or dog walkers when beginning your search. That way you’ll have lots of options when you’re ready to book your first service.
- If you're requesting care for multiple pets, then each of your pets must have a completed profile and be added to the booking. Learn how to add a pet profile to your account.
- To protect your privacy, we don't display your personal contact information until a service is booked. However, if you request your sitter to pick up and drop off your pet at the beginning and end of a stay, then your home address will be viewable to the sitter in the pending request.
- All Rover services must be paid for on Rover. This is outlined in our Terms of Service. Booking on Rover also gives you 24/7 support, the Rover Guarantee, and a secure, convenient way to pay.