We understand that sometimes plans change and you or your client may need to modify a booking after it’s already been booked. No problem! Now, with the new "modify booking" feature as a sitter, you’re able to make adjustments like date changes, refunds and more on your own. Once your client accepts, the update will be finalized. In this article we’ll go over:
1. Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the envelope icon.
2. Select the Upcoming Stays tab and then select the request you need to modify.
3. Once the request is open, locate the gray box that lists your service details. Select Modify booking.
- A new page will appear where you can modify the booking, including updating:
- Number of walks or drop-ins per day
- Rates: Be sure to discuss any rate changes with your client prior to creating a modification requests to ensure they’re agreeable to the update.
Select why you're modifying the booking, then make updates.
If the modification results in your client being charged a cancellation penalty in accordance with your cancellation policy, you’ll also have the option to waive the penalty. In the Extras and Adjustments section, simply toggle the circle to green to waive the penalty.
- Once you’ve adjusted the booking, review changes in Summary, write a short message to the owner explaining the updates, then select Request Owner Confirmation.
- The request will then be sent to the owner to confirm. They’ll have up to 72 hours to confirm the modification. Once the modification is confirmed, both you and your client will receive a confirmation email.
Can owners modify bookings too?
No. At this time, if a booking needs to be updated, owners can communicate the updates to their sitter, for the sitter to modify the booking.
Is it possible to modify a booking multiple times?
Yes, as long as the booking is either current, or upcoming, the booking can be modified more than once.
Can I cancel a modification request?
If your client has not accepted the modification request yet, you can cancel it. Just open the booking and select the Decline modifications option in the grey service details box. If your client has already accepted the request, you can initiate a new modification request to “correct” the changes that have already been made. Your client would need to confirm the new modification request as well.
Does declining the modifications cancel the booking?
No, your service will remain booked. The proposed modifications will not be implemented.
What happens if my client doesn’t accept the modification request within 72 hours?
The modification request will expire if it isn’t accepted within 72 hours. Don’t worry--if the booking still needs to be modified, you can initiate a new modification request for the owner to confirm.
Will my cancellation policy apply to booking date change requests?
Due to sitter feedback, a cancellation penalty is no longer charged when a booking’s dates are updated and the service type, length and pets remain the same. Example:
A sitter has a moderate cancellation policy. On Sunday evening, an owner requests that their Monday to Wednesday boarding stay be pushed back to Wednesday to Friday. In this scenario, a cancellation penalty will not be charged.
Sitters who would prefer to have their cancellation policy applied can initiate a booking request for the new dates, and then message the owner to ask them to submit a cancellation request for the original booking.